Monday, October 17, 2011

My 1st iMovie!


Our 8th grade Reading project launched today! I'd be lying if I said I wasn't having fun! On Friday, my team teacher and I went to the administration building to film the "launch video" for our Voting Campaign project.  Not only was it great to meet these two awesome ladies, but making the movie was fairly easy, and dare I say, enjoyable.

I shot the video on my RCA Small Wonders camera (similar to a Flip). Small Wonders files load as .mov files, which makes them QuickTime ready. I edited the entire video in iMovie. Choosing the theme, the music, and making the credits was great fun. No lie, this is honestly what I did on Friday night.

After 3 "takes" filming, we got one useable run through with no errors, so I didn't collage many scenes or clips. Next go-round, I'd be interested to see what it's like to throw in multiple clips. The best part of iMovie, is its direct to YouTube button. You click one icon, and your video is on it's way to YouTube fame.

This software was super easy, really fun, and very user friendly. I think the kids would have a blast building and posting videos with this. For right now, they are pretty amazed that their launch video is posted on YouTube for all to see :)

No comments:

Post a Comment